I am going to show you how I make monthly passive income online without investing any money out of pocket and how you can too.
There are so many ways to earn money online. The greatest benefit, of course, is being able to work from home and in some instances build a passive income from your initial work!
Once you have put a good system in place, you can start earning income, month after month, from your own online business. Most importantly, you don’t have to look for “work from home employment” since so many of them are “work from home scams.” The goal is to create your own work from home business opportunities to build a lifestyle business instead.
Here are some “Work From Home” shocking facts:
- 75% of people working from home make over $65,000 per year
- Amazon derives 40% of its $100 Billion annual sales via their 2 million affiliates. That’s $40 Billion in sales driven by affiliates.
- Affiliate marketing expenditure is predicted to reach $4.6 Billion by 2016.
- There are 42 Million people doing freelance work in the US alone
- Freelancers contribute an estimated $715 Billion in freelance earnings to US economy
- Freelancer.com connects over 19,461,165 employers and freelancers globally from over 247 countries, regions and territories
So who am I to tell you that you can work from home and build an income online without any money upfront?
Well, my name is Jackie Burgoa and I own a Digital Marketing Agency Marque.so I have a degree in Architecture from U.C. Berkeley. An MBA from Nova University, a Master of Science in Finance from FIU and you might say I eat, breathe and sleep business growth!
For the past 18 years, I have managed and operated my own eBusiness. The first ten as a brick-and-mortar and the last eight, as a fully cloud-based online business. Before selling it, this eBusiness was my real working lab where I tested and applied all my strategic business theories. One of my goals for selling my business was so that I could work from home, which by the way I did for over 10 years. All my knowledge and experience now gets applied to Digital Marketing and Growth Hacking.
I built my first corporate website 13 years ago, back on February 6, 2003.
Is it possible to make money working online, be able to work from home AND build a lifestyle business without investing any money?
The simple answer is YES you can. That is how I make my living. I actually work from home. So if I can do it, you can do it as well. Below I will show you some lifestyle business ideas.
As the previous statistics showed you, it is proven that with Amazon Affiliate Program and Freelancing, people are making a lot of REAL money online and by working from the comfort of their home.
The real reason so many people try but fail is because they do not how it works. In other words, there are no shortcuts. There is no “Secret Formula.” What they are missing is a systematic method to get from point A to point B. So much time is wasted, months and months with no results. People get frustrated and give up.
Unfortunately, there is so much misleading information out there, there are so many work from home scams, it can be very confusing. So getting genuine, step-by-step information, on how to it right is paramount to becoming financially free and have a thriving business online.
I know so many people that hate their jobs, just don’t have enough, want to travel, etc. but they don’t know anything about marketing. They are not experts with a skill they can teach or coach. They do not have a website or have any idea on how to set one up. Some are even over 55 and has been difficult finding a job. They want to work from home, they just don’t know how to get started.
So, I asked myself. How can I show them a simple path that I could say with confidence, will lead complete newbies to some income if they follow the plan? I know there are tons of work from home options. Unfortunately, there is a bewildering range of things being touted out there. From eCommerce and lots of other things that these people would need upfront money to make it work. So I figured it had to be more tangible for a newbie, worth the least upfront cost, least risk and of course, and with the greatest chance of success.
The 6 Pillars of a “Work From Home” Lifestyle Business
- How to use Amazon to work from home
- How to turn your knowledge into a service
- Why affiliate sales are so profitable
- How to break the shackles of a monotonous 9-5 job
- How to use your web traffic to generate additional income from Google
If you happen to be a digital marketer like me that’s great, but you don’t have to be. In fact, you don’t need any degree or special experience to succeed with this.
The Benefits of Having an Online Business So You Can Work From Home:
There are a ton of benefits to working online or adding an online business to your current income.
Here are just a few of them:
If you select the correct business model or platform, you can create assets that can be sold over and over again after you initially set them up. An example of this would be templates you may create and sell them on Fiverr. So, in other words, once you create them, new buyers will go and buy them without you having to create them again!
You would have to initially drive traffic to your offer, but once you establish a loyal client base, they can keep coming back for more. If you create more templates, they can go back and purchase more and more from you.
Break the Shackles of a Monotonous 9-5 Job
When you become a freelancer or build an online business from home, you choose your own schedule. If you are a mom, for example, you can choose to work only during the hours the kids are in school. Then you have the freedom to spend time with them while they are at home or even help them with their homework or extra curriculum activities.
Now that is a solid foundation for a successful family!
No Physical Product
Affiliate programs, for example, are handled by the Merchant. You do not have to worry about manufacturing, management, delivery or any of those business headaches. Your job is just to drive potential buyers to the offer and you make a cut if they buy (or click, depending on the type of affiliate program you choose). It does not cost you anything provide information, no shipping fees and no stock to purchase.
You get to keep almost 100% of the profits!
Lots of Free Traffic
Once you build your blog for example, and you keep adding content to drive traffic, you can create a consistent flow of traffic. The more you know about the subject matter, the more you can talk about it. Your visitors will love your knowledge and appreciate the fact they are buying from an expert.
Work From Home Strategy # 1: Amazon Affiliate Marketing
Amazon is the world’s largest marketplace to buy and sell products. It gives business owners the ability to sell their products online and profit from their sales. Thousands of companies sell their products via Amazon, and even a larger number of entrepreneurs profit from becoming Amazon Associates.
So, what is Amazon Associates?
It is Amazon’s affiliate marketing program. It rewards individuals who bring customers and visitors to Amazon’s site. The way it works, when website owners and bloggers drive customers to Amazon’s site, they use a special link that triggers a referral fee when customers purchase a product(s) through the link. Anyone can join free of cost, therefore anyone can make money through this amazing feature of Amazon.
Now, why is this strategy so powerful?
Website owners and bloggers can build niche sites in highly targeted markets. This is an example of an Amazon Affiliate site: PokemonGoMembers.com. This strategy works because if you search on Google, you get millions of options in the search results. It can be quite confusing, time-consuming and overwhelming to search through such massive number of products. On the other hand, if you visit a niche site where the products are sold via Amazon, creating massive amounts of trust, and at the same time, you can find exactly what you are looking for. It is a win-win for everyone.
If you have your own blog or website, you can generate a healthy additional income. Amazon’s affiliate marketing program allows you to earn up to 15% of the sales amount. Obviously, it goes without saying that the percentage you earn will be directly correlated to how much effort you put on your site and the type of sale you make.
Most importantly, Amazon offers its affiliates a trusted brand experience with various products like books, music, games, clothing, electronic, kitchen, jewelry, and so much more.
Amazon Affiliate Cheat Sheet
Here is a step by step checklist on the steps that you need to follow to get started with Amazon’s Affiliate marketing Program:
- Setting your affiliate account:
- Go to Amazon official website and click “become affiliate”
- Register to become Amazon affiliate
- Read the Amazon Associates agreement and click “finish.”
- Click reports to get a preview of how your earnings and clicks are reported.
- Monetizing through Amazon affiliate marketing:
- Select a profitable niche
- Start blog or website
- Post regularly
- Have quality content
- Get high traffic
- Get started with Amazon S3:
- Sign up / login to Amazon
- Go to “aws.amazon.com” and sign-up Amazon Web Services Account.
- Sign up to Amazon simple storage service (S3)
- Save your username and password
- Provide payment information
- Identity verification
- Select plan according to business
- Console page is received
- Create bucket
- Add web pages to the bucket
Work From Home Strategy # 2: Fiverr
Fiverr is the largest online service marketplace, headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel. It is primarily used by freelancers to offer their services to customers across the world. The tasks and services start at $5 and they are called Gigs. This is where the name Fiverr comes from.
In addition, for stand-alone Gigs, Fiverr allows tiered offers called Gig Packages. These are additional tasks offered at a wider range of price points. Some of the most common services are Writing Articles, Making Logos, Designing websites, Translation, Programming, Marketing, and creating Commercials.
Anyone can get started offering their services on Fiverr. It is free to sign up and you must be registered to be able to buy and/or sell. Once you register, you will receive a welcome email with the activation link.
Buyers browse the services you offer via the homepage, category or subcategory pages, or use the search to find a Gig they wish to purchase. Once they find a Gig and view the seller’s work samples they can proceed to the checkout. Buyers have multiple ways to pay for the service.
The beauty about offering your services on Fiverr is that buyers pay for the order in advance. You, as the seller, keep 80% of the Gig if you deliver successfully. All purchases are subject to a processing fee, $1 on purchases up to and including $20 and 5% on purchases above $20. It is important that you do a good job because Fiverr pays you, as the seller, only once an order has been completed.
Fiverr Cheat Sheet
Here is a step by step checklist on the steps that you need to follow to get started with Fiverr:
- Identify the niche
- Research about the niche
- Create account on Fiverr.com
- Profile setup
- Uploading professional, catchy and relevant profile image
- Description writing
- Cover image
- Creating gigs
- simple and to the point gig title along with description
- set category
- gig description
- add appropriate tags
- Add packages
- Extra services for extra money
- Mark requirements to get started
- Gig gallery
- Add photos
- Add videos (optional)
- Pdf files (optional)
- Commit realistic delivery time
- Provide quick response
- Promote your gig
- Fiverr’s inbuilt sharing scripts (directly connect to fb and twitter)
- Read user requests on website & contact them
- Spread your words through blogs & forums
- Become featured (usually done manually by Fiverr staff on completion of certain gigs)
- Contact Fiverr support
- Offer money back guarantee
- Ask for good rating and feedbacks
- Do not get involved in confrontations with buyers
Work From Home Strategy # 3: Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is a marketing method based on performance. The basic concept is that businesses and affiliates work together to create profit. In other words, Affiliate marketers refer someone to an online product and when the visitor purchases and/or clicks (depending on the affiliate program you join) a product through the referral link you are initially given by the seller, you earn a commission.
- Affiliate marketing uses four role players:
- First comes the Merchant, who is also known as the retailer or major brand.
- Then the Affiliate Network hosts the offers from which the affiliate chooses. This is also where payments are made.
- The Affiliate, also known as the publisher, is the one who promotes the offer and drives visitors to the site.
- Finally, the Customer purchases the product or service, and the profit is shared between the Merchant and the Affiliate.
As we mentioned earlier. Amazon has one of the largest affiliate marketing programs in the world. Fortunately, there are other affiliate networks that offer alternative programs. The most preferred by affiliate marketers are: Sharesale, ClickBank, Commission Junction and Rakuten LinkShare.
- With affiliate marketing you can:
- Easily and quickly create your own Affiliate website
- Discover hottest free traffic methods to skyrocket profits
- Increase ROI for your marketing campaign
- Get targeted leads in less time and efforts
- Get increased exposure to boost your brand value
- Here are some interesting stats:
- Global e-commerce is projected to reach over $1.5 Trillion
- 77% of advertisers increased their affiliate marketing spend this year
- Affiliate marketing expenditure is predicted to reach $4.6 Billion by 2016
- U.S E-Commerce sales are expected to surpass $434 Billion in 2017
- Digital marketing spending in U.S will grow from $57.29 Billion in 2014 to $103.37 Billion in 2019
- 93% of advertisers support affiliate marketing as an effective marketing channel
- The Amazon Associates Program is one of the largest and most successful online affiliate programs, with over 900,000 members worldwide
- 85% of affiliate marketers belong to Commission Junction
Affiliate Marketing Cheat Sheet
Here is a step by step checklist on the steps that you need to follow to get started with Affiliate Marketing:
- Know your competition and customers
- What competitors follow
- Choose affiliate program
- Pick a network provider
- Product selection
- Browse for product
- Select best-selling product
- Get referral link
- Keyword research
- Set up sales page
- Have long narrow design
- Insert buy button throughout
- Add urgency and scarcity at end
- Have original & quality content on site
- Set autoresponders for email marketing
- Join communities and forums
- Traffic generation
- Build Facebook fan page
- YouTube ads & YouTube Videos SEO
- Google ads, banner ads
- Mark benefits of product/ service
- Track sales and conversion rates
Work From Home Strategy # 4: Freelancing
Freelancers are individual who work as independent contractors instead of full or part-time employees. Therefore, technically, a freelancer is a person who is self-employed and is not necessarily committed to a particular employer long-term. In the U.S., they are known as 1099’s because of the tax form they use to report their freelancing income.
Freelancers have the freedom to choose their task and companies they would like to work with. In addition, because they are not considered employees, they have the freedom to do their tasks in their own way (obviously following required guidelines). They can work with one or multiple companies and they also have the freedom to work full or part time.
Many freelancing websites are available like Guru.com and Upwork.com that provide an online marketplace where companies post work and freelancers bid for the task in an open market. The most common freelancing fields are journalism, writing, computer programming, graphic design, consulting, music, photography, video editing, event planning, publishing, copy editing, proofreading, website development, and other creative services.
Some freelancers choose to work for the same employer for a longer period of time. These are referred as “Permalancers” or “Permanent Freelancers”. Employers may or may not provide benefits. If you want to start making money from home, this is the fastest and easiest way to get started.
Freelancing Cheat Sheet
Here is a step by step checklist on the steps that you need to follow to get started with Freelancing:
- Define your goals
- Earn extra money
- Find niche or services
- Identify target clients
- Established Businesses
- Service Providers
- Set strategic prices for your services
- Per hour
- Per project
- High quality portfolio website
- Showcase examples of past work
- Contact information
- Highlight relevant skills and education
- Regular updates
- Use freelancing websites
- Find good gigs
- Find right clients
- Get paid
- Payment mode
Work From Home Strategy # 5: Google AdSense
Google AdSense is an advertising program which allows website publishers to display advertisements on their website and generate revenue based on clicks. This advertising placement service is controlled and managed by Google.
This advertising program is specially designed for enterprises who want to display targeted text, video or image advertisements on their website page and earn revenue from hits that generate traffic for Google search engine.
By using Google AdSense, website operators can display relevant and engaging ads to their site and easily customize the ads according to the website. To use this advertising program, website publishers need to create a free AdSense account and just copy paste the given code to display the ads.
Website owners and publishers simply need to create a free Google AdSense account and then copy and paste the given code to display the ads on their website pages.
Then Google AdSense inserts the small HTML code on their website. After the installation of HTML code on their website, the AdSense spiders or crawlers will visit their website to determine its pages and posts in order to provide ads relevant to the website’s content.
Suppose your website’s content is about Food, then Food related ads will be shown in your website. If your visitors find your ads relevant to the topic they interested in, it means more clicks and more clicks means more income.
Google AdSense Cheat Sheet
Here is a step by step checklist on the steps that you need to follow to get started with Google AdSense:
- Create valuable site
- Original content
- Read the program policies
- Carefully read AdSense TOS
- Create account for AdSense
- Sign in
- Choose either text or images ads or text + Image ads
- Create your first ad unit
- Name a unit
- Identify the right places for your ad unit
- Right format / size
- Ad type
- Ad style
- Ad code
- Get the ad code
- Copy and paste ad code
- Get approved
- Manage your account
- Manage your ads
- Keep yourself updated with AdSense policies
- Get paid
- Submit your tax information
- Enter your PIN
- Select payment method
- Improve your earnings
- Optimize an ad unit
- Create an AdSense for search box
- Create a link unit
Work From Home Strategy # 6: Online Courses
Want to earn an extra monthly passive income? Then publishing online courses may be for you. Online Education is a HUGE market. Publishing Online Courses is the PERFECT way to make passive income because:
- You publish once and then sell your course forever.
- There is a huge global audience.
- Set it once and then forget it (usually taking care of students questions is not very time consuming.)
- It’s an evergreen business. You publish & sell new courses every month.
- The more course you create, the more students you get.
- The more students you get, the more money you make.
The fact is… all you need is your laptop to create an entire online course
Wrapping It Up
So there you have it, a detailed list of options if you really want to work from home. Five different work from home options to be exact. Now, this post has become fairly long, and this is because I didn’t want to leave anything out. Starting or adding an online source of income to your current income can reap massive rewards!
If you have a lot of information to offer then this may be a great opportunity for you to boost your income.
As I’ve just shown you how to work from home and create additional online income step by step, all you have to do is decide which platform and business model fits your personality best and get started– what are you waiting for?
You Might Also Enjoy…